Running isn’t my Hobby, it’s my Passion

The aim of this Blog is to hopefully paint a picture of the enjoyment I get from running off road. Running is my mindfulness and really adds to my well-being.

2017 : QE Spring Marathon, 3 Forts Challenge 27.2 miles, Race to the King Double Marathon, Purbeck Marathon, Portsmouth Coastal 50K challenge

2018 : R.E.D. (Run every day) January for MIND, Dorchester Marathon, South Downs Marathon, Goodwood Marathon & Isle Of Wight marathon run so far.

2019 : To blog about “why” I run as well as “where” I run

Race to the King : June 22nd, 41 miles completed. Portsmouth Coastal marathon December : entered

“Your legs achieve what your mind believes” pcm2014b

Me in my element !!

22 thoughts on “Running isn’t my Hobby, it’s my Passion

1. Kev May 5, 2015 / 5:55 pm

Good luck with your training for the Arun River. Hope all is going to plan…

2. Marijke August 31, 2015 / 12:04 pm

Passions become even greater when shared! South Downs marathon sounds like a great race!

Liked by 1 person

3. Andy Martin September 20, 2015 / 7:59 pm

Like your web site written in the sand! Had a beautiful 40 minutes of freedom running through the QECP, good for the ankles!

4. Pippa @ Mind, Body, Work, Travel October 19, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Such a gorgeous photo! I also run because I just love it, although sometimes it takes a lot of effort to remember that! My first run back from injury I was like, ‘Really? This is something I enjoy?!’ But then of course it all kinda sunk into place 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. goalliedathletes January 26, 2016 / 8:05 pm

Yes, that’s why we train like we do!! Your title, “running isn’t my hobby, it’s my passion” captures it all!! That’s what I think other people who aren’t athletes misinterpret about us. Because of this common bond that we have as athletes, we’ve created a website that brings together former and current athletes and provides a supportive and non-judgmental space for individuals to share their athletic triumphs and struggles with one another (See the forums page and members and events page). We’d love to hear an account of how running has influenced you (anonymously if you would like). Thank you for your consideration! Looking forward to hearing more on your blog! Margaret
    GoAlliedAthletes.com

• irunoffroad January 26, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Thanks for your positive feedback. I will have a look at your blog/website and see what it’s all about.

• goalliedathletes January 26, 2016 / 8:52 pm

Thanks so much!!

6. Psychic Nest April 1, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Thank you for sharing your passion! It reminds me when I got into spirituality and teaching. My passion became my job. Thank you!

Zaria

Liked by 1 person

7. Geoff September 7, 2016 / 9:58 pm

I need to dig deep inside my cupboard, dust off my running shoes, grit my teeth and start running again! Ive been thinking about it for a while and desperately need to shed the weight! Love the quote – “Your legs achieve what your mind believes”

8. Karen September 19, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Thanks for following me at BlueSkyDays365.com, it’s always good to connect with like minded runners! 🙂